Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm Back

Well, I've been gone from my own blog for quite a while, and I think my absence deserves an explanation.

Every summer for the past four summers I have been teaching at a program called Breakthrough of Greater Philadelphia (formerly called Summerbridge). This program operates three sites throughout the city that serve middle school public and charter school students within the city. The site that I teach at, Germantown Friends, serves students from Northwest Philadelphia. In addition to the three Philadelphia sites, there are numerous other locations around the United States and one in Hong Kong. All of the teachers are high school or college students, and Breakthrough is consistently ranked as one of the top internships for students.

As you can guess from my long absence, this is a quite grueling and time-consuming experience. Monday through Friday, my entire day was essentially dedicated to Breakthrough. The weekends were for recovery. As such, I had to take a little unintended break from LineCrosser21. However, I'm back and ready to go. And don't worry, I fully intend to keep new, fresh content coming consistently, even if I decide to teach again in the summer of 2009.

You may also notice some aesthetic changes to the site. This is all a part of relaunching LineCrosser21 and a new push. Over the next few weeks, you'll notice added features. Please bear with me as I make these changes. I am trying to make this blog as rewarding as possible for myself and for all readers. No matter what funky changes may take place over the next few weeks, I can promise you that the content of this blog will not be compromised.

No comments: